ISSN 1301 - 0883 / E-ISSN 1309 - 3886
 
 







 
 
Search





Descriptive epidemiology of Non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas in Hatay [Eastern J Med]
Eastern J Med. 2013; 18(4): 181-184

Descriptive epidemiology of Non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas in Hatay

Tümay Özgür1, Mehmet Yaldýz1, Hasan Kaya2, Erhan Yengil3, Serhat Toprak4
1
2
3
4

The incidence of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphomas (NHL) varies among different parts of the world. NHL are the 12th most common cancer in Europe and increasing dramatically during the last years. In this study, it was aimed to analyse the descriptive epidemiology of NHL in Hatay region with retrospective archieve datas. One hundred and thirty-three NHL cases between 2005 and 2013 have been reviewed retrospectively in the Pathology Department of the Mustafa Kemal University. All of the cases were classified according to World Health Organization modified in 2008. Eighty-two (61.7%) cases were male and 51 (38.3%) cases were female. Ninety-two of the cases (69.2%) were nodal lymphoma, and the remaining 41 (30.8%) were extranodal lymphoma. The most common extranodal involvement regions were tonsils and nasopharynx with frequencies of 21.9% (9) and 19.5% (8), respectively. The age distribution pattern revealed that NHL were mostly diagnosed in the ages of 41-65 years in nodal (41.3%) and extranodal sited NHL groups (53.6%). The most frequent NHL was diffuse large cell B cell lymphoma (50.4%) and chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma (17.3%). Our results were similar with the literature. Further epidemiologic studies with larger series defining the profile of NHL subtypes may be more worthy.

Keywords: Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, histologic subtype, extranodal involvement, descriptive epidemiology


Tümay Özgür, Mehmet Yaldýz, Hasan Kaya, Erhan Yengil, Serhat Toprak. Descriptive epidemiology of Non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas in Hatay. Eastern J Med. 2013; 18(4): 181-184


TOOLS
Full Text PDF
Print
Download citation
RIS
EndNote
BibTex
Medlars
Procite
Reference Manager
Share with email
Share


Similar articles
PubMed
Google Scholar




 
Copyright © 2019 Eastern Journal of Medicine. All Rights Reserved.
Home        |        Contact
LookUs & OnlineMakale